PCOS/PC is a software package which utilizes personal computers such as IBM 486 and Pentium or compatibles for real-time data acquisition and post-test analysis. PCOS/PC interfaces with the MS-DOS operating system and analog/digital front-end hardware to provide a general purpose data acquisition capability. The PCOS/PC software is highly configurable at the user level allowing modification of the user interface and extensions of data reduction capabilities.
PCOS/PC features include:
- A menu driven user interface and a user-friendly operating environment featuring:
· menus for PCOS/PC function selection
· data-entry forms
- Real-time capabilities such as:
· Control screen showing system status
· Data acquisition
· Data logging
· Display of raw or converted data
· A/D and logging throughput exceeding 40 KHz
· TTL input to automatically toggle data logging ON/OFF
· TTL output providing acquisition/logging status
- A database management system for efficient data storage, query, and retrieval.
- Automatic or manual calibration of A/D front-end hardware.
- Modules to convert acquired data to engineering units for a variety of industry standard transducers such as:
· Strain gage
- Modules to perform composite conversions such as:
· Sums or differences
· Running minimum or maximum
- Expandability to incorporate user written conversion modules.
- Real-time capability to display millivolt or engineering unit.
- Data reduction capabilities such as:
· Channel .vs. time plots in a user defined format
· Channel .vs. channel plots in a user defined format
· Multiple plots per page
· Tabular presentation of data
· Sets of tabular reports or plots generated automatically
· Output can be directed to CRT or hard-copy device(s)
Models: IBM PC/AT and compatible 80486 and Pentium Systems
Memory: 4 MB Minimum (PCOS/PC requires at least 590KB of conventional memory.)
Disk: Minimum 100MB
Operating System: MSDOS (5.0 or higher)
Interface: DR-11W DMA Emulator, IEEE-488
Output Devices: HP LaserJet Series, Epson MX Series, HP pen plotter
FRONT END HARDWARE SUPPORTED
NEFF System 620 and 470
TUSTIN Data System 2100
Preston Scientific Model GMAD
Purchase of PCOS/PC includes a one year maintenance agreement which provides software updates and telephone support. Additional extension of Maintenance Agreement is available at current rates.
NOTE: Contact PCT for availability of PCOS for other host computer systems.